How to maintain the handbook
How is the Handbook hosted?
The handbook is a section of the FPA repository, which is rendered with Github Pages.
How to make changes to the handbook
- Fork the FPA repo
- Clone your fork to your local machine.
- Start editing the files under /handbook
- Commit and push changes to your repo
- Create a PR to have the changes merged upstream
What kind of information belongs in the handbook
- Any information about how the FPA operates.
- Formal decisions
- Rule changes to the statutes
- Changes to the membership roster
- Useful explanation of process
- Useful explanation of rationale
What kind of information does not belong in the handbook
- Meeting notes and minutes. Relevant parts may become handbook content.
- Personal information of information about individuals (unless they add it themselves)
- Open questions or complaints.
How do I write the content?
There’s a handy page of examples that cover: